Update – October 13, 2020
Next steps in reopening!
You’ve all been waiting patiently to get back in the library, and now we will be offering limited browsing appointments as long as the 14-day average positivity rate in Story County is 8% or lower (according to coronavirus.iowa.gov). We’re going to start slow to make sure we work the kinks out before we expand, so bear with us. Keep an eye out for the hours on our website and Facebook.
What to expect:
- Face masks will be required. We will have disposable masks if you don’t have one or forget yours. If you are unable to wear a face mask, please continue to use our curbside services. If you need accommodations, please let us know so we can work with you for special circumstances.
- The number of people in the building will be limited (currently 5 people). We will ask how many people are coming with you when you schedule your appointment.
- There will be a time limit to your appointment (currently 20 minutes) and we will make an announcement when there are a few minutes left so you can find the last of your books and check out.
We highly encourage you to continue to use our curbside services for a no-contact method of getting your books, DVDs, magazines, CDs, etc. Browsing appointments will be limited, but at this time our curbside hours will remain the same.
When will you be able to come and go in the library? When the 14-day average positivity rate is 5% or lower, we will welcome people in without appointments. Hours and occupancy are to be determined. The meeting room and study rooms may be available during this time.
Current browsing appointment times:
Fridays: 3 pm - 6 pm
Need to print, copy, or fax? We can help you with that during curbside hours.
Computers are available on Monday and Wednesday by appointment.
Our alley drop box on the west side of the building is open. If you have materials to return, please go through the alley to drop them in.
Although the library building is closed for browsing, we don't want you to miss out on any of the resources we have to offer. We have tons of great stuff available for you at the front entrance during curbside hours:
- The library newsletter
- Voter registration forms
- Disaster assistance information
- Free magazines
- Take and Make Craft kits
- Copies of Book Page magazine and personalized recommendation forms (to help you find new things to read!)
Help yourself to whatever you need!
hoopla is a free digital media service that provides instant downloads of eBooks, eAudiobooks, movies, TV shows, comics/graphic novels, and music. Patrons get 5 downloads a month.
Are you a first time hoopla user? Check out our handy step-by-step guides here that will walk you through accessing digital materials from whichever device you're using.
BRIDGES is a free downloadable eBook and audiobook service available to Nevada and rural Story County residents with a Nevada Public Library account. .
Titles will automatically expire at the end of the 14-day lending period. And with digital downloads…no late fees! You may check out a total of 3 eBooks and eAudiobooks at one time. For the BRIDGES help page .
Are you a first time Bridges user? Check out our handy step-by-step guides here that will walk you through accessing eBooks and eAudiobooks from whichever device you're using.