The study of family ancestries and histories
- Story County, Iowa Genealogy Homepage
- A resource for genealogical research in Story County, Iowa.
- National Archives: Genealogists/Family Historians
- A great starting place for genealogical research, how-to tips for beginners and experts, links to primary sources world-wide, and databases of family trees.
- National Archives: State Archives
- Genealogists may need to get information from state archives and historical societies. Here is contact information as of April 2022
- Cyndi’s List
- A categorized and cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet, 261,000+ links for family history! (as of 9/1/06)
- Iowa Genealogical Society
- IGS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to create and foster an interest in genealogy and to aid others in researching their family history. IGS was founded in 1965 by a small group of dedicated genealogists who met in members' houses and carried the original collection in an orange crate. Today our 3,000+ members are worldwide and the book collection alone spans the length of over five football fields.
- State Historical Society of Iowa
- A main repository of Iowa historical and genealogical information.
- Society of American Archivists
- Organizations, associations and groups related to or of interest to the archival profession.
Ancestry Library Edition covers the United States and the United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada and other areas. Available for in-library use only due to license restrictions.