Adults and Parents
The Adult collection has a wide selection of reading, listening and watching materials for every kind of interest or favorite genre. Learn more about the collection!
To explore the collection, visit the catalog.
Collections in the Adult department include fiction and non-fiction books, graphic novels, fiction and non-fiction DVDs, audiobooks, large print fiction and nonfiction books, magazines and newspapers, CD music, genealogy and historical materials, reference books and more.
Grounds for Murder Book Club
1st Saturday of the month at Farm Grounds
10 am - 11 am
Books on Tap
3rd Tuesday of the month at George's
7 pm - 8 pm
Strings and Things
2nd Wednesday of the month at the library by the fireplace
6 pm - 7 pm
1st Tuesday of the month in the library meeting room
1 pm - 2 pm
Resources For Parents
Tips on reading to children and resources available to parents in Iowa and Story County.
- Help Children Build Strong Language Skills
- Tips to work with your child to build a strong vocabulary and other language skills from the experts at Scholastic.
- Ways to Read to Children
- Things to do before, during and after reading a book to your child.
- Meaningful Writing Experiences
- Reading and writing go hand in hand. Help your child with writing by providing opportunities to practice writing skills.
- Reading Bright Start
- A website devoted to helping parents raise readers from birth to school age.
This Web site was created to provide FREE objective, medically accurate early care, health, and education information for families in Iowa. Topics include child care, health and safety, child development, learning to read and write, parenting, pregnancy, and many others.
- Raising Readers In Story County
- Raising Readers is a Story County organization that serves families with children ages birth to eight years. They are committed to helping the next generation become better readers, communicators, and learners. Visit their website to for tips and to download free activity sheets.