Use your Nevada Public Library card to visit the following metro area attractions:
- Blank Park Zoo
- Science Center
- Des Moines Children's Museum
- Reiman Gardens in Ames
How does it work?
Valid photo ID and Nevada Public Library card required. How do I get a library card?
- Valid cardholders (see specifications below), may reserve an adventure pass for a particular attraction on a particular date. The library has a limited number of passes, they can be checked out on a first come, first served basis beginning May 1, 2022
- Arrive at attraction with a printed copy of the adventure pass and valid photo ID. Please note that a digital copy of the adventure pass will not be accepted. (Be sure to cancel your reservation if you cannot use your pass so another patron may reserve it.)
***Limited availability. Please see full details and restrictions below.
Adventure Pass Program FAQs
What is the Adventure Pass?
The Adventure Pass program provides free access to area attractions by using a valid adult library card and a valid photo ID. The program is feasible due to a partnership with area attractions and other Iowa libraries.
Who can check out the Adventure Pass?
- Any adult library patron residing in Nevada or rural Story County area may borrow a pass to enjoy an educational day of family fun.
- The library has a limited number of passes, they can be checked out on a first come, first served basis, much like checking out a book.
How do I get the Adventure Pass?
- Valid cardholders 18 and older that are non-expired and in good standing (fines below $5) may check out and place holds on passes by using TixKeeper.
- Cardholder must present a valid photo ID and printed pass before admission into the organization is allowed.
What are the guidelines for using the passes?
- Each pass can be reserved once every 365 days per adult cardholder.
- Reserve the date you plan to visit the attraction.
- Passes are good for regular admission of two adults and two children.
- Please cancel your reservation if you cannot use the pass at the reserved time. To cancel a reservation, call the library, 515-382-2628, by 10:30 a.m on the date for which the pass is reserved.
As a program partner, the library must abide by all partnership guidelines.
Restrictions/Limitations by attraction:
Blank Park Zoo:
- Zoo passes cannot be used for ZooBrew, Night Eyes or any other special member events.
- Zoo passes admit up to 2 adults and 2 children (ages 2-12; children 1 and under are free)
Des Moines Children's Museum:
- Passes cannot be used for special member events.
- Passes admit up to 4 children (no charge for adult admission)
Reiman Gardens (Ames, IA):
- Passes admit up to 2 adults and 2 children (ages 2-12; children under 2 are free).
Science Center of Iowa Passes:
- Science Center of Iowa passes cannot be used for special member events.
- Science Center passes admit up to 2 adults and 2 children (ages 2-12; children 1 and under are free).