Iowa Libraries Adventure Pass
Adventure Pass is an online program that allows library patrons to use their library cards to visit area attractions, museums, and parks for free.
Q: How does it work?
A: If your library has signed up to participate in the Adventure Pass program, search your library’s website for the Adventure Pass link. You will then be able to browse the passes your library subscribes to and which dates the pass is available.
Once you find the place and the date of your choice, follow the on screen prompts to reserve the pass. You will need to use your library card number. Print the confirmation page of your reservation and present that at the doors along with a valid photo ID to gain access to the venue.
Q: Can I take anyone with me when I go?
A: Yes! The pass is valid for 2 adults and 2 children. Any other attendees will need to pay regular admission price at the door.
Q: Where can I go with Adventure Pass?
A: Thanks to the Friends of the Nevada Public Library, we are able to offer passes to Blank Park Zoo, Science Center of Iowa, Reiman Gardens, and Des Moines Children’s Museum.
Q: How often can I reserve the pass?
A: You can reserve one pass per venue every 365 days.
Q: If I can’t use the pass the day I reserved it, do I lose my turn for the year?
A: You can contact your library up to one day BEFORE your reserved date, and they can cancel it for you. You are then able to make a reservation for a later date.
*Cardholders should verify a venue is open before reserving a pass.
Q: If I reserve the pass online, how do I gain entrance to the venue I reserved?
A: You must print the confirmation page of your reservation and present that plus a valid photo ID to gain entrance to the venue you reserved. The name on the pass must match the name on the ID when the cardholder presents the pass for admission to the venue.
Q: Can I show the confirmation email on my mobile device?
A: No. You must have the printed pass to enter. If you do not have a printer, your library can help you print the pass (printing costs may apply).
Q: Can my child reserve the pass?
A: You must be 18 years of age or older to reserve a pass. Anyone under 18 is not eligible to reserve a pass.
Q: What do I do if I can’t find my printed pass?
A: Contact your library immediately. They will be able to print out the pass for you, or email you a copy of the pass for you to print out.
Q: Will there be more choices for destinations in the future?
A: Adventure Pass organizers are constantly working to grow the program. More locations may become available in the future.
Special notes about Blank Park Zoo passes:
- Library memberships cover the Zoo admission costs for 2 adults and 2 children, we cannot allow 3 adults and 1 child or 4 adults. Children ages 2 and under are free at the Zoo.
- Library patrons can check out the membership once a year to be used during a three-day period (Sun-Tues or Thur-Sat). This means they can utilize the membership 1 day during this three-day period.
- The library passes cannot be used for: Night Eyes tickets, Zoo Brew tickets, discounts on Zoo rentals, discount on the Iowan and Iowa Outdoor magazines, or TRI Swap days at Living History Farms and Science Center of Iowa.
- The Blank Park Zoo library membership can be used for: daily Zoo admission, Zoo member events, and discounts on experiences such as train, carousel, giraffe feeding, Safari Grill, Macaw Café, and WildThings Gift Shop.
- A library patron who has checked out the Zoo Library membership must bring a confirmation form or email on their phone at their visit.
Special notes about Des Moines Children's Museum passes:
- Passes cover 4 children (adults are free).