Covid and Curbside Updates
Current Curbside & Browsing Hours
Monday - Thursday: 10 am - 2 pm; 4 pm - 8 pm
Friday and Saturday: 10 am - 2 pm
Can't make the times available? Contact us to schedule a pick-up time that works for you.
The Library is currently in PHASE 2 as of April 1, 2021.
Reopening metrics are determined by the 14-day average positive test rate in Story County (according to coronavirus.iowa.gov) and are set by the library board.
- PHASE 1 (Positive test rate above 8%): No browsing, computers by appointment only, curbside available
- PHASE 2 (Positive test rate above 5%): Browsing and computers by appointment, curbside available, 5 patron limit
- PHASE 3 (Positive test rate less than 5%): Grab-and-Go browsing (no appointment necessary), computers by appointment, curbside available, 10 patron limit
Browsing, Computers, and Wi-Fi
- Browsing and computers are available by appointment during PHASE 2. We encourage everyone to call and schedule their computer appointments in advance to ensure availability.
- Our curbside service is available during ALL PHASES and we are happy to help you find what you need over the phone or online.
- Copy, print, and fax through curbside. Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to the door.
We have resumed charging for copying, printing, and faxing as of March 15. Copies and printed pages are $0.20 each for black and white and $0.30 each for color, and faxes are $2 per page for the first ten pages, and $1 per page for each additional page past ten. We are only able to accept cash or checks.
Wi-Fi is available outside the library 24/7. Please practice social distancing when at the front entrance.
Hotspots are available for a one-week check-out period. Call us at 515-382-2628 during open hours to place one on hold.
What to expect when visiting the library:
- Face masks are required. We have disposable masks if you don’t have one or forget yours. If you are unable to wear a face mask, please continue to use our curbside services. If you need accommodations, please let us know so we can work with you for special circumstances.
- The number of people in the building is limited (currently 5 people). You may need to wait outside the front doors if the library is at capacity.
- We ask that you limit your time in the library and remain in the building only as long as you need. Study rooms, the Meeting Room, general seating, and toys are not available.
We highly encourage you to use our curbside services for a no-contact method of getting your library materials.
- Request books, DVDs, CDs and more online through our catalog.
Current Quarantine Period: One Day
What this means for you:
- Items that you return will still show as checked out on your account for one day after you return them and you may receive notifications that your books need to be returned or are overdue. Don't worry, books in quarantine do not accrue fines.
- Items you place on hold may take longer to be available for you if the item was checked out when you placed the hold. Every item is processed the day it comes out of quarantine.