Nevada Public Library
As a Nevada Public Library account holder, you agree to return all items checked out in your name. The Nevada Public Library will be held harmless from liability in the event of damage, loss or misuse of materials and equipment regardless of circumstances.
1. Responsibility: You are responsible for all items checked out on your account. If you allow someone else to check out items on your account, you are still responsible for their return and the fines and fees associated with those items if applicable.
2. Circulation: Books, CDs, software, and magazines are checked out for 2 weeks. Most items except those with reserves on them may be renewed in person, online or with a phone call. The fine on these items is 15 cents per day per item.
3. Movie circulation period: DVDs are checked out for 1 week with no renewals and no reserves. There is a $1.00 per day fine for each overdue DVD. There is a limit of 5 DVDs per account.
4. Fine threshold: The Library allows up to $5.00 in fines/fees per account before the account holder is restricted from checking out library items.
5. Notification process:
a. At 2 weeks overdue, an overdue notice is mailed to the address listed on the account. It is therefore helpful if you let the library know when your address or phone number changes.
b. At 4 weeks overdue, a bill notice will be mailed to the address listed in the account. This notice will state the item/s missing with the price of the items and any associated fees.
c. At 6 weeks overdue, a report of the missing library materials may be made to the Nevada Police Department.
6. Lost item charges: Charges for lost items will include the cost of the item plus an additional $3 processing fee per item. Charges for lost Interlibrary Loan items will be the cost of the item and $5, plus any fees required by the lending library.
7. Paid lost items: When account holders return paid-lost items to the Nevada Public Library, they must have the receipt in order to be reimbursed, and they will be reimbursed only the cost of the item, not the fines and fees paid. Account holders will only be reimbursed for paid-lost items within 3 months of the date on the receipt.
8. Calculation fines: Only open days are counted when calculating fines.
9. Overnight returns: Items returned to the outside drop box by 10 AM will be considered returned on the previous day that the library was open.
10. Grace period: There is no automatic grace period or automatic renewal.
11. Maximum fines: There is a maximum fine of $3 per item on books, CDs, software and magazines and $5 on DVD fines per item.
12. Contested fines: Account holders who question fines and fees on overdue or lost items will be referred to the director.
13. School returns: During the school year, Nevada Public Library books and magazines checked out on Nevada Community School and SDA student accounts may be returned to the school media centers. Current fines on those items will be removed. DVDs may not be returned to the schools.
Nevada Public Library