Meeting Room Policy
Guidelines for using the library's meeting room
NEVADA PUBLIC LIBRARY
April 16, 2007
1. The Nevada Public Library’s meeting room will be available for use by the general public when it is not needed for library sponsored and/or related activities.
· Use is restricted to a single meeting or a brief series of meetings.
· Regular meetings may be scheduled at the discretion of the library.
· Regular meetings may be cancelled or discontinued by either party at any time.
· Hours/Days of room availability: 6 AM – 11 PM Daily
· The maximum capacity is 28 persons.
· Groups that are, by government definition, non-profit or have a tax-exempt form and/or number will not be assessed a fee for use of the meeting room.
· All other groups or businesses will be charged at a rate of $10 per hour. This includes sales parties.
· No charge for individuals unless there is a for-profit agenda
· Fees are payable at the time the reservation is made unless other arrangements are made.
· The user is responsible for set-up and takedown of all furnishings
· Library staff will not carry materials in or out of the building.
· If the user wants library staff to arrange the room, there is a $10 fee.
· There will also be a $10 fee if the meeting room, restroom, hall and courtyard are not left clean and orderly. There will be an extra charge to be determined by the library in the case of any vandalism.
· Reservations are made on a first come basis.
· Requests are to be made at the library circulation desk in person or by phone.
· Reservations will be accepted up to 12 months in advance.
5. Use during non-library hours:
· When persons wish to use the meeting room outside of regular library hours, they may pick up the key within two (2) days of the event.
· A “Meeting Room Reservation Form” will be completed and signed by a responsible adult (18 or over) and kept on file at the library.
· A copy of the Meeting Room Policy will be given.
· A key deposit of $10 will be left at the circulation desk when the key is picked up.
· The deposit will be returned when the key is returned and the condition of the meeting room area is verified.
· Key must be placed in the library drop box on the east side of the building or dropped off at the circulation desk.
· The expense of replacing a lost or damaged key will be assessed to the individual who signed the reservation form.
· The person signing the reservation form shall be responsible for problems or costs resulting from use of the meeting room, the restroom, the southwest entry to the library, or the courtyard.
· A limited kitchenette consisting of a sink, compact refrigerator, and counter with outlets is available for serving refreshments
· The library has a coffee maker for use by groups but does not supply coffee, dishes, tea towels, or other kitchen equipment.
· Food is not allowed in the main part of the library.
· Persons using the meeting room have access to a restroom and private entrance.
8. Furnishings and/or equipment:
· May not be removed from the meeting room without approval of staff.
· The room is equipped with (4) rectangular tables 30” by 60”, (2) half-circle tables 60”, (20) chairs, and an electric ceiling mounted projection screen.
· Tables and chairs must be returned to original position at conclusion of event.
9. Audiovisual and other equipment: Availability must be confirmed when making the reservation.
VHS Videoplayer/TV DVD Player
Marker Board Lectern
Audiocassette Player Overhead Projector
Wireless Internet Access
· Only table decorations are allowed.
· No hazardous materials such as candles are permitted.
· Absolutely nothing may be hung or attached to the walls, doors or windows.
· Alcohol, smoking, and excessive noise are not permitted on the library premises.
· No liquids that could stain the carpet are allowed such as those containing red or orange dye.
· No organization or group shall use the library as its mailing address.
12. The meeting room including the restroom, the southwest entry, and the courtyard will be left in their original condition.
13. Permission to use the Nevada Public Library Meeting Room does not imply the Nevada Public Library’s endorsement of any organization using the room. The Library’s policy is one of neutral accommodation.
14. In consideration of the Library’s granting permission to use the facility, the users promise, covenant, and agree to hold the Nevada Public Library and the City of Nevada, its officers and employees harmless, and to indemnify them against any claims for loss of property or personal injuries resulting from or arising out of the activities to be held and conducted by the users on the premises.