The objective of the Nevada Public Library’s collection is to meet patron’s educational and recreational needs. However, it is not the purpose of the library to be in competition with local rental outlets. The basis for choosing DVDs will be consistent with the criteria noted in the “Selection and Reconsideration Policy.”
1. Copyright Policy:
• Notices will be placed prominently near the DVDs display units stating that the collection is intended for “Home Use Only” and copyright infringements may occur if the selections are used for public performances or illegal copying purposes.
• In-library viewing of the collection may be done by one to two patrons, or not to exceed one family, providing a private viewing area is available.
2. Reconsideration: Patrons requesting Library Board reconsideration of DVDs will follow the “Selection and Reconsideration Policy” procedures.
3. Access: The library will not restrict access to movies based on age. If a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 17 does not want their child to check out “R” rated movies, they may fill out the form, and a note will be placed on the child’s account.
• DVDs will be checked out for a period of 1 week, with no renewal. Fines are $1.00 per item per day with a maximum of $5.00 in fines per item. Fines for lost or damaged DVDs will be actual cost of DVD plus a $3.00 processing fees.
• Patrons will not be permitted to reserve DVDs.
• Each patron may check out a maximum of 5 DVDs.
Nevada Public Library